@import url(Include/home/stylesheets/style.css); @import("Include/home/stylesheets/ie51.css");
Search for Scholarships
Browse all Scholarships
Terms & Conditions
James E. Deacon Scholarship
Number of Awards:
Earnings from interest to create new scholarship awards may vary from year to year. Annual scholarship awards may fluctuate depending upon the rate of return of the donor’s endowed scholarship.
Number of Awards
Minimum Cumulative GPA Required
ACT/SAT scores may be considered primarily for new freshmen students (never attended college) regarding scholarship eligibility.
FAFSA Form Required:
“FAFSA” is the acronym for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Many scholarship donors require a need based financial consideration for eligibility. You can complete the FAFSA form online at
FAFSA Form Required
February 1st admission date for new students
Some scholarships may be renewable each year according to the donor's wishes. Although a scholarship may be renewed, there is no renewal guarantee based upon the academic strength of the overall scholarship application pool.
Available to Transfer Students
Department or Program
College, School or Division
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Scholarship Application Information
Future Students (Undergraduate)
UNLV Financial Aid & Scholarships
1) Full time enrollment is required.
2) Student(s) must submit a one-page statement describing their academic plan for the coming year, and how this scholarship might facilitate that effort.
3) Preference will be given to students actively involved in environmental problem-solving through internships, field research and/or community projects. Undergraduate students may attach their Senior Thesis prospectus. Graduate students may attach their thesis or dissertation prospectus.
1) New students are considered for this scholarship via the undergraduate or graduate school admissions application.
2) Enrolled students are automatically considered.